Individual Giving Manager
We are seeking an innovative and results-driven Individual Giving Manager to lead Shareable’s individual donor fundraising efforts in an environment where all team members are dedicated to fundraising. The primary responsibility is to significantly grow the organization’s online and individual gifts revenue. The Individual Giving Manager will be the engineer of the supporter to donor pipeline. They will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to build fundraising strategies that support long-term sustainability. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Individual Giving Manager will play a critical role on the team bringing flexibility, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit to the organization. Shareable is a young organization with a small, dedicated staff. This is a tremendous opportunity for a self-directed development professional to help shape the fundraising strategy as Shareable continues to grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the Executive Director, create, implement and execute a robust individual donor fundraising plan that includes engaging our readers as ongoing donors, as well as supporting the cultivation of major donors with the Executive Director.
- Serve as an engaging external ambassador of Shareable, helping to build a diverse portfolio of supporters and donors with a particular interest in identifying and cultivating relationships that will support the organization’s growth and brand awareness.
- Leverage Shareable’s large audience and excellent reputation with both traditional and innovative fundraising techniques including crowdfunding.
- Track and evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising activities in accordance with the strategic fundraising plan. Continually improve using a data driven approach.
Maintain excellent relationships with donors through timely, positive communication and excellent customer service.
- Stay current on best practices in philanthropy, social media, and marketing; integrate best practices into fundraising activities.
- Become fluent in issues relating to the sharing economy in order to sell Shareable’s programs across diverse audiences in a way that’s compelling and engaging.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate donor records in CRM database and email management software
- Co-manage the individual donor technology infrastructure with the Operations Manager to make sure it works well and is cost effective
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, as requested
- Various additional duties as needed
- A minimum of 3-5 years professional experience with demonstrated success of developing online fundraising programs; additional experience with corporate and foundation giving preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to conceptualize and describe needs in accessible and compelling ways.
Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of project simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience motivating teams towards aggressive goals; experience managing volunteers is preferred.
- Experience using NationBuilder, Wordpress, Eventbrite, Salesforce, and Mailchimp.
- Ability to thrive in a small, innovative and entrepreneurial environment; experience or a high-level of comfort working on a virtual team is required
- Background in environment, economics, urban planning or other relevant mission-area preferred; demonstrated passion for the sharing economy required.
- Some travel required if located outside of the Bay Area.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Database management, data tracking and analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet goals and deadlines while working independently
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to rapidly changing needs of organization
The Individual Giving Manager role at Shareable is a part-time, work from home position scheduled for 24 hours per week Monday-Thursday. The hourly range for the position is $24-28/hour. This position also includes generous vacation time, paid sick leave, health benefits, and 401k with employer match.