Shareable is seeking an innovative and results-driven Development Manager to take on a leadership role to secure donations from individual donors, foundations, companies, and other sources. The development manager will be the engineer of the development function and will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to build fundraising strategies that support long-term sustainability. The development manager will work in close collaboration with the executive director, advisory board, and key staff to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization.
Shareable offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a 32-hour work week, a generous vacation package, a 403(b) plan, and health, vision, and dental insurance. San Francisco Bay Area resident preferred, but will consider candidates outside of our home area. Position includes a mix of virtual and in-person teamwork.
Fundraising Campaign Management and Alternative Arrangements (40%)
- Coordinate and manage at least three annual fundraising campaigns including an end-of-year campaign.
- Track board giving and fundraising commitments.
- Develop a list of prospective corporate sponsors with support from the executive director and secure sponsorships from companies that are in line with Shareable’s sponsorship policy.
- Explore new income streams for Shareable based on the organization’s strengths and credibility in the organization’s niche market (membership, training, and earned income are some possibilities).
- Prepare fundraising reports for the executive director and advisory board on a regular basis.
- Stay up-to-date on the best practices in philanthropy, social media, and marketing, and integrate these into fundraising activities as needed.
Individual Donor Cultivation and Engagement (30%)
- Develop and manage the individual donor engagement plan to increase our individual donor support from $50,000 annually to $200,000 within two years.
- Conduct independent research for individual prospects.
- Cultivate and directly solicit existing and new donors, working with the executive director and advisory board, as appropriate.
- Manage donor data in database, generate reports, and manage data in a way that enhances fundraising processes.
- Track and update prospect lists and donor gift tables in annual fundraising plan regularly.
Marketing and Communications (25%)
- Become fluent in issues relating to the sharing economy in order to promote Shareable’s programs across diverse audiences in a way that’s compelling and engaging.
- Produce fundraising email blasts and other related mailings that support the organization’s growth and brand awareness.
- Work with Shareable staff to contribute to the creation and maintenance of communication and marketing materials such as annual reports, brochures, social media posts, and website updates to keep funders, donors, and stakeholders informed.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and trainings as requested.
- Complete internal reports as required.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years experience in nonprofit fundraising, with particular emphasis on individual donor development and online marketing and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and sustain donors and funders.
- Proven track record of achieving fundraising targets.
- Previous experience managing a fundraising database such as Salesforce or Network for Good. Experience using NationBuilder is a plus.
- Goal-oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who brings creativity and enthusiasm to the role.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including record-keeping, data entry, planning, filing, managing schedules, and managing email.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Drive apps, e-mail, database, internet research, and social media).
- Willingness to work remotely and travel regularly to San Francisco, California, to work with the Shareable team.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS/BACKGROUND
- Ability to thrive in a small, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment, including experience or a high-level of comfort working with a virtual team.
- A passion for sharing, the alternative economy, social transformation, and sustainability.
- Experience working with nonprofit boards.
Position includes medical, dental, vision and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Shareable, a project of the Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.